This is news that went unnoticed but it’s finally official: On February 1, 2022, WhatsApp changes its billing method from a billing based on sending template messages to conversation-based billing.
What is it actually? we have summarized the main changes here:
1) There will be no more invoicing for “template messages”. They will automatically switch to conversational billing. The cost will be different for inbound (from your customers) and outbound (from your contact center agents) conversations.
2) One conversation means unlimited interactions with your customers or contacts during a 24 hour period from the first message onward.
3) Each Business account with a “WhatsApp for Business” account will receive 1000 conversations per month included and at no cost. The benefit therefore applies to the first 1,000 conversations of each month, whether outbound or inbound.
4) In addition to the first 1000 conversations, each conversation will be billed at a cost depending on the initiator of the conversation (the customer / your agents). Conversations initiated by customers are cheaper.
5) The price of conversations will be different depending on the customer’s country (depending on the phone number that your customer will have registered in his WhatsApp profile).
Nixxis will add a commission of € 0.005 per conversation in lieu of billing for template messages currently. A list of costs for different countries is available, click here.
6) You will not be charged for adding a “Click to WhatsApp” link from Facebook ads or from your Facebook page itself.